Date Posted:14 November 2018
Double Adjustable Elbow Crutches with Anatomical Grip
- These forearm crutches are made from lightweight anodized 1” aluminium and will support a weight of 100kg.
- Anatomical handgrips which conform to the shape of the hand and may provide a more comfortable grip for some patients.
- They are double adjustable: the lower part of the crutch can be adjusted to suit the hand height, and the distance between the plastic cuff and the hand grip can also be adjusted.
- Angled neck reduces strain on wrists.
Fitting Elbow Crutches
- Standing upright, with your shoulders squared, adjust the hand grip of the crutch to the crease of your wrist.
- If the height is properly set, your elbows should be slightly bent.
- Adjust the cuff of the crutch to a point where it is approximately 5cm below the bend in the elbow.
- Once the height has been adjusted, tighten the collars at the base of the crutch and on the stem of the cuff.
Walking with Crutches
- Use the hand grips for support.
- Before walking, ensure that you are standing straight and balanced with the injured leg bent slightly.
- The crutch tips should be slightly in front and out to the side.
- With both crutches out in front of your body, swing your good leg forward.
- Balance your weight on your hands and push down on the crutch handle.
- All weight is then supported by the crutches while the strong leg is swung forward to a point up to or just past the crutches.
Care and Maintenance
- Ensure all locking collars are tightened.
- Check crutch tips are securely attached and not worn.
- Make sure that crutch heights are evenly matched.
- Check that the push buttons for the height adjustment have snapped into position.
- Regularly check crutches for cracks and damage.
- AlphaSport offers a one year conditional warranty for domestic use of this product.
- If this product is used for commercial purposes (for example, hire), the warranty period is limited to 6 months.
- Warrants its products to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- This warranty does not include parts subject to wear and tear.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, neglect, accident or improper use.
- Warranties issued will be limited to repair or replacement of the defective product.
- Will not be liable for any consequential or incidental damages whatsoever.
- This product is intended to be an aid for walking and mobility. Will not be liable for any other improper use.